Saturday, January 26, 2013

Confessions of a Northerner


I am from Big City, Northeast. It is my home and my heart. My favorite places to visit are the surrounding Big Cities along the East Coast. Memories of home include bright twinkling lights on dark nights, traffic, honking horns, shopping galore, historic districts dwarfed by mammoth sky rises, and people everywhere you turn.

In my early twenties, my husband and I moved from our happy cozy condo on the corner of a busy street in the suburbs of Big City, Northeast to a significantly larger apartment on a quiet street in Small Town, South – hours from a large city or a honking horn or a sky rise. A place where people were excited that 2,000 cars drove on the main road in a single day!

Talk about a dramatic change! (No, not traumatic... although sometimes it feels like that)

Although Small Town, South, would probably never be my first choice for a place to live, this is where God wants us to be. God called my husband to be a youth pastor when he was a teenager, and God has called us to live here in Small Town to work at Small Town Baptist Church. It's new, it's different, it's a little weird... but we love it! All because God is in control.  

No comments:

Post a Comment