Monday, March 4, 2013

My God Is Greater

On Sunday I went to church and honestly my mind was elsewhere. Besides dealing with some personal issues that had led to some serious discouragement, I was struggling with the fact that one church VIP doesn't ever attend Sunday school (and to do what they do, it is absolutely required) and another church VIP never goes soul winning or door knocking (but they always complain about how the church isn't growing as quickly as they wish). On top of that, I was talking to one lady who asked me a question, and she walked away as I was answering her. How rude! She asked me the question. She was the one looking for the answer and she just walked away!

Truth be told I shouldn't have been focusing on that. You know, God wants us to worry about ourself and let Him work in the hearts of others. I have my own problems (like allowing other people's spiritual flaws frustrate me), and I had to get that right with God. 

So personal areas of discouragement on top of frustration with the people around me... 

But my God is so much greater. He still works in people's lives. He still knows all of my problems. He still moves in others. 

I had the privilege of leading a lady to the Lord on Sunday. She proceeded to get baptized. I didn't even have to ask her if it was something that she was interested. She wanted to get saved! She wanted to get baptized! God had done all of the work in her heart and all I had to do was stand there and watch God move! It was incredible. 

On top of that, a teenage boy got things right with the Lord and a family committed their lives to the Lord. 

While there are still frustrations in life, my God is so much greater than this world. 

Isn't God good?

No comments:

Post a Comment