Thursday, February 28, 2013

Must Be a Southern Thing

I am waiting to meet someone I barely know. I get a text saying, "On my way." Where I am from, that means, I am on my way - will be there soon.

Now Small Town, South, is one of the towns that you cannot get lost in. You could drive circles around it, and still not get lost. So when I got the text that said "On my way" I assumed it meant that the person would be there shortly.

Nope.

Wishful thinking.

Three hours later!!! I get another text, saying "Hey, sorry! Stopped off for some lunch and shopping. Be there in half an hour."

What??? You told me you were on your way! Glad I was sitting in my living room and not at Walmart or some other public location.

Please do me a favor, let the person you are meeting know that you are going to be late!


No comments:

Post a Comment